Saturday, September 15, 2012

CCMCHOL2

Good Morning, Stampers!

Well, we are wrapping up the 2nd week of Create with Connie and Mary with a fabulous Saturday Color Challenge!



I create a fun shaped card for the challenge today. I started with a piece of More Mustard measuring 4 1/4" x 6" and folded it in half. The I ran it thru my Big Shot with the Lacy Brocade embossing folder. On another piece of More Mustard, I cut out a Window framelit and paper pierced it using the coordinating Festive Paper Piercing Pack. Then, I cut a smaller piece of Early Espresso cardstock and repeated the above steps. I adhered them together and added them to the front of the card. On a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso ink, cut it with the window framelit and colored it using Raspberry Ripple and Lucky Limeade markers. To complete the card, I wrapped a piece of 7/8" Cotton Ribbon and wrapped it around the card in a large bow.

SU!pplies:
Stamps: Friendship Preserves
Ink: Early Espresso
Paper: More Mustard, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla cardstock.
Accessories: 7/8" Cotton ribbon, Window Framelits, Festive Paper Piercing Pack, Raspberry Ripple and   Lucky Limeade markers, Lacy Brocade embossing folder, 

And don't forget, there is still plenty of time to join the 2012 Holiday Edition! Subscribe now! Head on over to Create with Connie and Mary! 5 Weeks of EXCLUSIVE projects created with products from the 2012 Holiday Mini Catalog - you won't want to miss it!

Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

Connie Babbert said...

Very cute card, Melissa...that set works perfectly for your stand card! Love the ribbon bow, too! Great job with the color challenge this week!