Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Zentangling - An Impressive Technique

Good Morning, Stampers!

I was introduced to a cool technique at the Stampin' Up! Convention a few weeks ago. It was one I couldn't wait to get home and try. The technique is called Zentangling. I've seen this around, but I never knew there was a specific name for this technique. So fun and the results are so impressive! It can change the look of your image in so many ways!

Here is a sample idea that was shown:


A simple Blended Bloom image stamped in black with lines, doodling, etc. added with a Project Life Journaling pen - amazing!

I tried the idea using a colored flower. It really "pops"!


I began by stamping the flower in Jet Black Stazon ink.
Then I colored the image using a blender pen along with 
Melon Mambo and Pink Pirouette inks.


I finished it off with a little "Zentangling" - 
lines with little dots... pretty cool, huh?!


SU!pplies:
Stamps: In Corner Garden, Blended Bloom, Another Thank You
Ink: Jet Black stazon, Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette
Paper: Whisper White
Accessories: Blender Pens, Project Life Black Journaling Pen

Happy Stampin'!
~Melissa

No comments: